Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unemployed is the New Employed

Anyone sending me an email at work will recieve the following Out of Office message:

Please direct all communication to Liza as I am no longer an employee of Savings & Loans, effective July 25, 2008.

That was it. I sent the following quote as a farewell to my coworkers:

Even when someone battles hard, there is an equal portion for one who lingers behind, and in the same honor are held both the coward and the brave man; the idle man and he who has done much meet death alike. Homer, The Iliad


I still can't believe its all over. The day I wanted, wished, and oh so impatiently waited for finally came. Its a relief to know that I will not be suffering anymore. At the same time, its sad because I am going to miss a number of my coworkers, who were literally some of the funniest people I have ever met. I am so excited because in less than a month, August 24th, I will start orientation for NYU Law. I am not sure what I am going to do with my month off but I won't be posting journal entries or arguing with European counterparts on the phone. I think I am really going to enjoy being unemployed.

1 comment:

Michelle Clayborne said...

that was a lovely farewell message, but it shows just how much you needed to get out of there. I'll be joining you in unemployment soon, cant wait.