Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Is it that Tough?

If you have been living under a rock today, Heath Ledger died most likely of a drug overdose. The news is covering this story like its a serious hard news story. I am not trying to knock the life of Heath Ledger I just don't think it warrants the type of coverage its receiving. There are men and women dying in Iraq daily and the Brokeback Mountain star dies and its the lead story on every news channel. I don't get it.

Yet, what I really don't get is it really that though being famous? You have Unfitney running around hurting herself and her children, Wino smoking crack on film, and not to mention all those sad washed up celeb-reality shows on VH1. Is having the world handed to you on a platter really that mentally draining? Is fending off idiots with cameras enough to lose it? I am a lowly counter so I have little experience with this stuff but I would leans towards the position that I could do it and remain sane. I think people would line up for the shot to spend millions and demand the world. Plus, I wouldn't have a probably mistakenly tripping a paparazzi into oncoming traffic. JK. But seriously it is time our celebrities realize how good they have it and grow up.

No comments: